Will he be ok??? ;(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, so as I am acclimating my first and most precious fish (Glo/zebra danio) to my 45, he jumps out of the cup and onto the ground! Within 3-5 seconds, I place him gently back into the cup, and acclimate him properly. My question, will he be OK?! I have added double dose of stress coat to the tank, he is the only one in it atm... So yeah, will he be OK? I'm planning on leaving the lights on tomorrow so he can adapt and relax...

I'm sure he will be fine! I had a fish jump out of it's cup once for a little less than 10 seconds, it also depends on how far down he fell, that can affect them as well, I had a tetra die on me because he fell from chest level and was on the ground for about 10 seconds as well next day I found him dead. Poor guy

I'm sure he will be fine! I had a fish jump out of it's cup once for a little less than 10 seconds, it also depends on how far down he fell, that can affect them as well, I had a tetra die on me because he fell from chest level and was on the ground for about 10 seconds as well next day I found him dead. Poor guy

Fell like 2 feet... But it's a light fish so??

I'm sure he will be fine, is he moving around I'm the tank? Or just staying in one place? I'm no expert here but just thought I could try and help

He will be fine, especially with how short it was. Stress coat will definitely help. I had a green terror jump out (my first fish) overnight one time. Found him in the morning and his scales were dry. I was able to resuscitate him, medicated the tank, and he lived for another couple years. They can be extremely hardy when cared for

I'm sure he will be fine! Just keep an eye on him, I usually like to feed my fish if I notice something strange, just to see how they respond

and get him some friends pronto! Poor guy must be stressed like crazy without a school!

I honestly have no idea. When I found him, I held him in the tank for about an hour. Slowly moving him through the water. After just a minute, started showing signs of life again, gills moving and looking around. Then after 10ish minutes of that, just propped him up. Medicated the tank and after a couple hours, he was able to stay upright on his own. Was back at 100% after a couple days. This was 4-5 years ago though so don't remember exact lengths of time

Oh alright! That's a cool story dude!! That must have been one awesome fish

and get him some friends pronto! Poor guy must be stressed like crazy without a school!

Interesting you bring this up... He is just in the big tank temp, making sure it is safe for new fish as it is my hardiest fish x). I don't have a school of Glo-fish, BUT . I do have 8 neon tetras, which he seems to school with. He's like the alpha male, and they seem to accept him (Maybe the bright red helps him blend?) he seems less stressed since I added them. He normally resides in a 10 gal with them.

Back
Top Bottom