Will Regular and Albino Tiger Barbs school together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes.. They are the same species so they will generally shoal together. Although ... Don't be surprised if the regulars and albino clump together with their own color morph group. But, no worries, it's not like the albinos stick together on one side and the regulars on the other.

OK thanks!

Glad I could help

P.S. TB's will eventually establish a hierarchy, so don't be surprised if you see them going nose to nose .... As well as swimming in place nose down. It'll look like their struggling to swim down. It's all in the nature of the beast(s). But I can guarantee you will NOT have a boring tank(y).

Good to know. Part of the reason I'm getting them is because they're so active and will be fun to watch.:D

They are fun! And very active! I would highly recommend you also look into the Green TB's ... My #1 favorite fish... Will also shoal with the other two(y).

They are fun! And very active! I would highly recommend you also look into the Green TB's ... My #1 favorite fish... Will also shoal with the other two(y).

OK, I have another question.....If you have some tiger barbs and add more, will the new additions be picked on? The thing is, the closest place to me that sells green tiger barbs is 5 hours away. I'll be going up there in a month, but I'll already have the others by then.

When they are 'sleeping', they will nose down. This scared the heck out of me the first time I saw it. But they will right themselves when you turn on the light in the morning.

bud29 said:
OK, I have another question.....If you have some tiger barbs and add more, will the new additions be picked on? The thing is, the closest place to me that sells green tiger barbs is 5 hours away. I'll be going up there in a month, but I'll already have the others by then.

Good question ... I bought all my original 12 TB's at the same time (had 5 die along the way) so I never experienced adding new TB's. however, I've read that as long as new additions are a similar size, your good. Avoid getting much smaller new additions ... TB's are known to bully smaller members of the shoal as they are seen as the weakest and thus low man on the totem pole.

A month shouldn't make a difference ....

Tetra1990 said:
When they are 'sleeping', they will nose down. This scared the heck out of me the first time I saw it. But they will right themselves when you turn on the light in the morning.

Oh yeah ... Some do sleep nose own as well ... And also they will look very pale.

Back
Top Bottom