will this change when i add more corys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
my cockatoo apistos are attacking my 2 corys, and my corys have red on the top of all fins. will this stop when i add the rest of their school, bc the apistos might feel more intimidated. they're in a 29 gallon tank and parameters are
ammo-0
nitrites-0
nitrates-10-20 (too hard to tell).
:thanks:

I would go the opposite way and remove the corys. More will just make the apistos more frantic. They must not want company on the bottom.

They don't have enough area to feel safe, so their natural instinct is to run everything off to protect their area. If adding some cover, ceramic pots, etc doesn't help, the cories just aren't a good idea IMO

I agree with Rich and Rookie. I would have to think that adding more Corys would compound the problem and make the Apistos feel even more defensive and potentially aggressive. Wasn't this tank recently set up? You don't have the option of returning the Corys?

If you can, I'd remove the cories right away, no matter where they have to go. It's not fair to leave them in and let them get bloodied and attacked... just my two cents...

now if this were snails or aiptasia... :whistles:

there's absolutely no where. my 20 gallon long has a bearded dragon. my 10 has crickets, and my 5 has gravel and a betta.

ok so im either going to run out and buy another 10 gallon for the crickets or just find a container to put them in. then ill put the corys in a 10 and get them 4 friends so ill have 6 julii corys in a 10 gallon what else could i add to it? a dwarf gourami and a schooling species?

Probably, yeah... but only buy 2 other cories, 10g isn't normally big enough for that species.

ok i add a 10-20 gallon filter from my 29 gallon tank and i added sand with some black gravel mixed in. i guess ill do this
4-julii corys
1-guppy (also from my 29 gallon)
6-neon tetras
will that be ok?

well i guess my 29 gallon stock has gone down to
12-harlequin rasboras
2-cockatoo apistos
since i cant have anything on the bottom

Back
Top Bottom