Will this help???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 gallon community tank. It has the standard 2 section plastic hood. I have a 48" T-12 Aquaray 40 watt aquarium bulb. It puts out a lot of heat. My water temp never goes below 79 degrees. The fish don't seem to mind but I was thinking about replacing the plastic hoods with glass lids and going with a led light setup. Would this help bring down the temp or is it just a waste of money

Attachments

• tank 008.jpg
    tank 008.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 35
sansouci01 said:
I have a 55 gallon community tank. It has the standard 2 section plastic hood. I have a 48" T-12 Aquaray 40 watt aquarium bulb. It puts out a lot of heat. My water temp never goes below 79 degrees. The fish don't seem to mind but I was thinking about replacing the plastic hoods with glass lids and going with a led light setup. Would this help bring down the temp or is it just a waste of money

If temperature is your only concern, ten it is a waste of money IMO. I keep my tanks at 80 degrees with 0 issues. But if you wanted better/more light then a LED setup might be ok. Led is costly though but will last a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom