Will Yo-Yo loaches eat live snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't had luck with mine eating ones that are that big. I got yoyos because they were cool looking (and now have doubled in size!) and fit into my "India" tank, and I figured I could feed them some of the brown ramshorns that were multiplying in a guppy tank, but I have never actually seen them eat any snails. I have about 5-6 nickle sized ones in there and maybe 2-3 smaller ones, so I figure they are taking care of the little ones that I never even see.

So, IME, no, they don't eat the larger ones, but they will take care of most of the smaller ones that come from the big ones! =) HTH

My Yo-Yo loach and my Angelique Loach don't bother my large mystery snail in any way. They do however keep any small snails in check.

Alright. I've always had a bit of interest in the little guys but I don't want my snails getting eaten.

Yeah I'd stay away from the yo yo's because even if they don't actually end up eating the snails they'll still pick at and harass them.

Back
Top Bottom