Woke up to a flopping wolf fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudfrog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I had a softball game last night and ended up tearing up my leg sliding into 2nd (45 degree weather and dirt = hard as rock). Well it turns out this was a good thing because every time I rolled over on that leg I woke up. About 3am I woke up and heard a thumping sound. I walk out to the living room only to discover my Wolf fish flopping around on the floor. I grabbed my net as there is no way I'm sticking my hands within striking distance of him and picked him up with my hand through the net. His slime coat was completely dried up and he was drying up as well. I guess he had probably been out for about 15-20 minutes. Luckily wolf fish can breathe air as well. Put him back in the tank and checked on him again this morning. Aside from a few scrapes he is doing fine. I've had this guy about a year and a half now and if I lost him I'd be devastated.. I got real lucky...

maybe time to cover the top of the tank. got lucky this time. are they known for jumping out? i was thinking of getting one.

The tank is always covered. I have a tight fitting glass lid that he pushed through. Yes they are known for doing this.

I'm planning on a latch system with his next tank but for now I'll just start adding weights to the lid.

I would FREAK out if I had something like that flopping around on my floor in the middle of the night! LOL! Hope he pulls through and makes a full recovery!

Update for y'all.. He's doing great.. he's angry as ever flaring at me when I walk by the tank :D

Well, I have to say that you get my vote for the scariest fish on here lol! I think I would have nightmares if I had those in my house and they were able to get the lid off. EEK!

Haha.. thanks.. I was worried about the kids sticking their fingers in the tank at first but now they are to scared to which is a good thing.

Well I can't say I blame them at all! I like my nice fish. Well, I have one dwarf gourami who is quite a brat, but so far he hasn't killed anything lol. If he does, he has to go!

Back
Top Bottom