woohoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shuvit

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well its taken 3 weeks and lots if water changes but finally got my tanks to a perfect water standard! Is it sad that I'm so happy? Lol

Lol lost a lot of my beautiful guppies trusting a friend when buying her 'mature tank' no filter media to speak of and never done a water change. Not a mistake I'll make again. Next tank I'll start from scratch same as my little tank.

Yeah even with seeded media it took 5 weeks to see an ammonia drop for me. I finally broke down and bought some bacteria in a bottle. That has seriously helped.According to the bottle it should be cycled in 8 days now.

I swear by the tetra safe start to get a few hardy fish in there and keep them safe long enough for the 'real' cycle to happen. And water changes.....lots of bloody water changes lol

hmm....I used colonize by doctors foster and smith. It was the cheapest out there, (It was 40% off) and it seems to be working great. It is a good thing I didn't do a fish in cycle because my stocking plan has changed so many times the fish I would have started the cycle with wouldn't be in my stocking plan anymore!:lol:

Lol, I'm guppy obsessed and my little boy fell in love with 2 black mollies because they followed his finger across the tank so had to get those and a few friends. Didn't have a say in the matter lol.

Lol yeah their funny little things. My favourite is my baby bristlenose plec though, she doesn't seem to realise she's supposed to be nocturnal so is out all day. I love watching her move around the glass with her mouth. Tickles me no end..... I need to get out more.

Lol yeah their funny little things. My favourite is my baby bristlenose plec though, she doesn't seem to realise she's supposed to be nocturnal so is out all day. I love watching her move around the glass with her mouth. Tickles me no end..... I need to get out more.

Oh, you're not alone! I sat watching the baby BN's at a lfs for a long time. When I was watching them it would have been hard to get me to stop grinning. I just think they are funny (and cute)! I am getting one once my tank cycles.

shuvit said:

I have a baby albino BNP too and he does the same thing! i never see him under cover unless he is cleaning algae off of my slate and flagstone. Soo much better than the CAE i had!

I have an adult one in the bigger tank that came with it when I bought it (the one with the crappy water) and she's constantly hiding. :-(

I'm hoping dyson (my baby) stays happy to be in the open, was thinking maybe it changed as they become more mature?
Strange really that I bought this tiny baby bnp, saw these adult ones, asked shop owner if he would take it back when it was grown as I didn't like them when they were big.
I couldn't get rid of her now. Never thought id get attached to fish lol.
Maybe he'll take the kids instead.....

Back
Top Bottom