Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #1

Worlds smallest fish found

I was looking for a small fish I could build a tank and set it up on my wifes desk top. Not tking a lot of space. When I happened across this. Look at this little guy brakes old record by a mile.
http://abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s1555027.htm
Old 03-28-2006, 12:26 PM   #2

ive seen this link about 5 times in the past 6 months.. lol.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hey Weasel, I had forgotten about that little guy... that tells you how much of this planet we still don't know about.!!!

mmmm,,, I wounder....if there are things soo small like that little fishy...mmm...what BIG things could be lurking under the ocean we don't know about yet!!
Lets have some fun boys, time to test our metal!
MiamiFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here is something bigger that they have found in the ocean lately. Has anyone else seen this? [/img]
Old 03-28-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

that's a great find ... although not real practical to keep at home. Any filter you put in your tank would likely suck that little bugger up. Plus you'd need a microscope just to look at your fish.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

that fish is larger than mst fry that we normally deal with is jsut under 1/3 inch long.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Jodi--
For a second I thought that was a joke but checked out the photo properties and googled "hairy lobster" and wow. I must say that is a terrifying looking animal, and I am rarely creeped out by aquatic creatures unless they are of the slug/worm sort.

I'm reading the CNN article on it right now, fascinating. To think of all that lurks 900 miles below sea level....
Old 03-30-2006, 03:20 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I just looked at the smallest fish article. Anyone else think the pic resembles a glass catfish? I also read the hairy lobster article a while back. I love the fact that they don't have eyes...

40 gallon community - paradise gourami, pearl gourami, zebra danios, glass cats, 3 corys, bumblebee catfish, yellow-tailed spiny eel, farlowella, snail

10 gallon community - 10 neon tetras, 2 green corys, 2 african dwarf frogs, snail

2.5 gallon betta tank - gorgeous large blue male and a snail

JUST SETUP - 70 gal. FW. Glass cats, danios, farlowella and eel are moving to it (along with some newbies), 40 gal. is becoming the gourami tank...
raverain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 04:09 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow they are so cool! They would have to play a big role in nature... it's the smallest things that make everything work!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Catalina--
I saw that thing on the news awhile back. I thought it was pretty neat that we are still finding new creatures! Can you even imagine what else must be down there?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com