Worm like things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was feeding my fish in my planted 10 gallon when I saw some tiny worm like things on the glass. At first I thought it was just some debris or something, but when I looked closer I saw it moving. I have no idea what it is. I tried taking a picture of it, but it so small. It's kind of clearish looking, but can't really tell since it's so tiny. They are extremely thin and not very long maybe 3mm at most. Can anybody guess what these are? Newest addition is an oto. Have done nothing with tank except dose Macro and Micro. Do you think they are harmful?

Not harmful at all, just a sign that you are overfeeding/underfiltering your tank, and not doing sufficient gravel vaccumings. They are likely planaria that come into your tank as micrscopic particles attached to your fish. In a clean tank, they die. In a tank with extra nutrients, the proliferate. Clean your tank more often, and they will go away.

BTW, you said they were clear? Are they worms, or look like jelly like anemones?

They look more like woms. And the seem to slide around on the glass. Not sure if that helps or not. Btw if my fish eat them, will it cause any problems? I can't really do gravel vacumming or I risk pulling up some of the plants. The well rooted plants I have no problem with, but microsword is a different story. It starting to root, but not very much. I prune a lot of it due to BBA : \.
Thanks for the information btw. I'll do some more water changes and feed less.

Back
Top Bottom