Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2006, 05:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ky'smommy Send a message via MSN to Ky'smommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ky'smommy
worms? bugs? something gross.

I was looking at my two month old guppies in the 80 gallon piranah tank.
we'll i saw a black thing in a baby and it was long and it curved all through her body all the way to her head. its gross.
And scared if it is some kind of intestinal worm or somehting. will it spread. or could have it already.. im not so concerened about the babys but the piranahs as they are my dads and his favorite and huge...
I took it out right away. so please let me know i could try and take a picture but the baby is like an inch...

Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Any chance for a picture?

Guppies are pretty transparent, and you can see their insides, which sometimes look like long wormy things. So, is the fish very thin? Acting lethargic? Anything out of the ordinary? My guess it that you are just seeing something that isn't there.

HTH

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ky'smommy Send a message via MSN to Ky'smommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ky'smommy
uhh i wasnt the only person who seen it.. its a baby i dont really notice all that much i feed them and whatever else.
it was like a big loop and it was at the butt end of her.
maybe i dunno the fish is outta there. but i dont know what to think. im just worried it could be spread..

Tags
bug, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com