Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2021, 10:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

worms in sand

my cories have these worms that somehow are unknown and only seem to affect cories but thatís fine i know what to treat it with and itís getting here soon iím just wondering since these worms can drop of and move iím wondering if the medicine will kill them if thereís any hiding in the sand or should i just take as much sand out as i can and replace it i have a spare bag anyway if nobody knows iíll just take the sand out anyway

Old 01-12-2021, 11:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

What kind of worms?
Old 01-12-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

that’s the thing nobody at all seems to know every forum post on the internet i can find has no clue what these are and only seem to occur in cories yet everybody has said the only thing that will kill them after trying tons of things in medications that have praziquantel in them which of course is illegal to sell in the uk so i’m having to wait for it to get here from america but there condition isn’t bad yet
Old 01-12-2021, 06:04 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

they’re tiny worms only a few millimetres long and eat at the fishes fins and then the fish itself but it only affects cories as none of my other have gotten them at all only all the cories i have same with other people
Old 01-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

i’ve asked at pet stores and two things he said it could be it definitely was not which i get technically isn’t reliable since they probably don’t know a thing but still
Old 01-12-2021, 06:46 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do you have any pictures?

Could they possibly be leeches?
Old 01-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

they’re so small you can barely see them on camera and my cories hardly stay still i don’t think they’re leeches though as they eat the cories not draw blood like they’re fins and tail and barbs slowly disappear in the spots they are in i’ll see if i can find a photo online
Old 01-12-2021, 07:35 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

it is these and people seem unsure of what they but they move around on the glass like worms when they detach but are too small to be anchor worms and donít have the same shapes at all plus they also die with a de wormer medication
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1A151A1E-28B5-4A74-A45E-BBA2EF9620B2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	319293  

Tags
sand, worm, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com