worms in sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
my cories have these worms that somehow are unknown and only seem to affect cories but that’s fine i know what to treat it with and it’s getting here soon i’m just wondering since these worms can drop of and move i’m wondering if the medicine will kill them if there’s any hiding in the sand or should i just take as much sand out as i can and replace it i have a spare bag anyway if nobody knows i’ll just take the sand out anyway

that’s the thing nobody at all seems to know every forum post on the internet i can find has no clue what these are and only seem to occur in cories yet everybody has said the only thing that will kill them after trying tons of things in medications that have praziquantel in them which of course is illegal to sell in the uk so i’m having to wait for it to get here from america but there condition isn’t bad yet

they’re tiny worms only a few millimetres long and eat at the fishes fins and then the fish itself but it only affects cories as none of my other have gotten them at all only all the cories i have same with other people

i’ve asked at pet stores and two things he said it could be it definitely was not which i get technically isn’t reliable since they probably don’t know a thing but still

they’re so small you can barely see them on camera and my cories hardly stay still i don’t think they’re leeches though as they eat the cories not draw blood like they’re fins and tail and barbs slowly disappear in the spots they are in i’ll see if i can find a photo online

it is these and people seem unsure of what they but they move around on the glass like worms when they detach but are too small to be anchor worms and don’t have the same shapes at all plus they also die with a de wormer medication

Attachments

• 1A151A1E-28B5-4A74-A45E-BBA2EF9620B2.jpg
    1A151A1E-28B5-4A74-A45E-BBA2EF9620B2.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom