WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FISH ADVICE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N

nate

i got a 25 gallon freshwater tank, i got the decorations and stuff theyre really cool, im wondering what some really cool fish are, im looking at catfish mabie sharks. i could only get 1 shark cause my tank isnt big enough for a school which is the other option. anyone got any suggestions?

Research!

Either on line or get some books, figure out what you really like, compatability issues, water conditions and such, THEN set up your tank and proceeed.

Seriously, the more planning you put into your tank, the better offyou'll be in the long run, you'll avoid many common mistakes.

If your just starting out with your tank, sharks are not suggested. They tend to be fragile and should only be added to an established aquarium. The first month or two of your new tank, alot of changes will be going on, which puts stress on the fish. I would start off with some hardy but nice species like danios, platys, gouramis. Most members of the barb family are hardy, but they tend to be "fin nippers" as a characteristic. Use caution with them in a community tank. research any fish before you buy, and don't hesitate to ask the people at your local fish store.

When you're doing your research you might want to think about where in the tank the fish will live. For example, catfish stay at the bottom most of the time, hatchets stay at the top and tetras, danios, angels tend to swim about in the middle. You might want to get a mixture of fish so there's something happening at each level of your tank.

I like my hatchets but on their own they'd be a bit boring 'cos they just hang about in their group at the top of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom