Wouldnt you know it!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok Tomorrow is my birthday. I do believe the dear husband of mine is taking me to get my 55 gallon tank for my bday tonight. And wouldnt you know it that my 29 gallon out of the blue gets ICK! I was going to use the sponge filter from that tank to help get the other tank establisted! Now I am going to have a tank and I'm gonna have to wait to put it up!!!!Ooooooo! Drives me nuts! I guess I should look on lthe bright side.....at least I am getting the tank! :lol: Will the Ick meds kill the bacteria on the sponge??? Or would it even still be ok to use it in the new tank???? Or would I be risking the cichlid getting ick??? OR should I just cycle it like the last time that took forever and a day? I hate the thought of that but if I have too I will....I guess :cry: And wouldnt you know it too that I havent even cleaned the new river rock that I got for that tank yet because I didnt know if I was getting the tank.......Someone slap me!!!!! 8O I'm excited about the tank but now with this ick thing going on in the other. Its only the cats and 2 black tetra so far....I know it was the cats the brought the ick in...had them in with the cichlids and they were over crouded in that 10 gallon so I put them back in the 29 gallon......should have known better....Will I ever learn???? Here I go rambling on and on. I'll shut up now....someone give me a reply before I have another fish nervous break!!!LOL

Most all aquariums healthy and sick have ich present, however fish with healthy immune systems don't get sick with it. It should be safe to move the sponge filter from your smaller tank to the larger one with no risk, unless of course your tank has some other disease running rampant besides the ich. Yes some ich meds will kill some of the good bacteria, but the amount depends on the med, and the temperature, and oxygen and ph and hardness content of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom