WOW!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got my new finnex light and all I'm able to do is stand in front of my tank amazed at how bright my tank is. I have a 75 gal and went from a home made LED light/rain gutter to a new finnex fugray. I am soooo happy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got my new finnex light and all I'm able to do is stand in front of my tank amazed at how bright my tank is. I have a 75 gal and went from a home made LED light/rain gutter to a new finnex fugray. I am soooo happy!!!!

Congrats! It does make a difference. I have a FugeRay and a FugeRay Planted Plus.

Welcome to the club:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When I got a finnex light for my 10 gallon, all the lights on my other tanks seemed dull... and still do! Congrats on the new light!

I have 2 Finnex planted+

And am ordering the Finnex planted plus 24/7 to replace one of the planted+ on my 29g. Very excited.

They are great lights. Make everything pop and the plants love it.

29g Community

10g Betta

Does anyone use the finnex and DOES NOT use co2 or excel? I'm curious if your plant growth comes out pretty decent.

I am actually looking at getting t5HO, but still curious

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have T5HO and Finnex LEDs. I prefer the Finnex for plant growth. I do dose Glut though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the T5HO do a decent job? I'm only asking because I have a discus tank and only looking to add Mayne 2 ferns and that's it

I agree with the replies that my other 2 tank lights look dull compared to my new light. Going to save my pennies and replace those to a new finnex. I am so amazed with my tank now!!!! I will post a pic soon.

Does the T5HO do a decent job? I'm only asking because I have a discus tank and only looking to add Mayne 2 ferns and that's it

I've grown plants under a low light system and now under high light. All about balance I think.

I had a T5HO and it was better but I don't think I'd go back from LEDs.

Yes. T5HO does a decent job. Over time the bulbs need replacing and then sometimes the ballasts need replacing. My LEDs have been strong thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dose heavy glut. I wouldn't run high light without doing at least something like glut. Metricide 14 is pretty darn cheap. Hubby and I priced out going true CO2 on big tank and dosing glut and decided to just stick with the glut (for now)

I dose heavy glut. I wouldn't run high light without doing at least something like glut. Metricide 14 is pretty darn cheap. Hubby and I priced out going true CO2 on big tank and dosing glut and decided to just stick with the glut (for now)

Converting to CO2 has made a huge difference in mine. It cost a small fortune and I wish I had picked up a larger co2 bottle and also redone the substrate but the growth has been so much improved.

Why before I used to struggle to grow algae but now no problems :)

http://www.aquariumcareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/greenalgaesweb.jpg

Converting to CO2 has made a huge difference in mine. It cost a small fortune and I wish I had picked up a larger co2 bottle and also redone the substrate but the growth has been so much improved.

Why before I used to struggle to grow algae but now no problems :)

http://www.aquariumcareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/greenalgaesweb.jpg

I do have major algae struggles. I don't even know what kind it is really.
Can't afford a CO2 setup though, at least not doing it the "right" way which is the only way I will do such a thing!

I do have major algae struggles. I don't even know what kind it is really.
Can't afford a CO2 setup though, at least not doing it the "right" way which is the only way I will do such a thing!

I must admit I was thinking I really should of just got cichlids instead.

Even now, I think I have just gotten to the point of being light constrained.

I really regret I didn't get a good needle valve on the co2 bottle. In theory with a ph controller it isn't needed but practically it would be. At the moment the slight touch in the valve changes the bubble count.

Back
Top Bottom