wow !! have u all seen this ?? 2 tanks, but they CONNECT !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
310Swim-thru.jpg

Yeah, there was a post with something like it last year. Could you please post the link to where you got it?

I've seen a similar one with a much larger single connecting tube - about 6" internal diameter. Something else I've seen that is neat is a long thick tubular tank - think 3 large coffee cans end to end, with small tanks on each end to provide places for filtration and feeding, etc.

When tanks are bridged it the filtration is usually spanned accross both sides.. in other words the input is put in one tank and the output is put in the other forcing the filtered water to flow through the tubes...

I got a link from the Lounge a couple months ago called something like the Fish Expressway. I downloaded the pics, but can't find them on the computer right now. There were people who had a tank on one side of the room and another on the other side of the room and acrylic tubes connecting them and the fish swam between the two. Try searching AA for it.

Whats the point? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be one big tank without all that wasted air in the middle?

ive seen something like that at the rainforest cafe...a lot bigger...but the same idea...i think...2 tanks on each side of the entrance and a large cylinder above connecting both of them....so when u go through u see fish on both sides as well as on top of your head... :roll:

Tony Starks said:
Whats the point? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be one big tank without all that wasted air in the middle?

yeah, but its cool, its the uniqeness of it that makes it apealling.

I agree, it looks very unique but a waste of space.

Two of my lfs have tanks like that... One is about 400-500g and houses a small sand shark. They other lfs actually sells these acrylic tanks. They are expensive! If I remember correctly, it was over $400 for a <75g tank only.

Back
Top Bottom