Wow, I can't believe...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow, I cannot believe what I found in my planted tank today....a baby ghost shrimp...I wonder how many more are there.....I was informed that breeding ghost shrimp wasn't easy but I didn't try to and it happened...wow

Congrats! lol My blue velvets have babies pretty regularly; I still get excited when I see new ones. Check your filter; there's likely more in there. I have two nets over my intakes (I even had a pre-filter sponge at one point) and the babies still get sucked in, so once a month I check it for babies and I usually find a handful.

Congrats! lol My blue velvets have babies pretty regularly; I still get excited when I see new ones. Check your filter; there's likely more in there. I have two nets over my intakes (I even had a pre-filter sponge at one point) and the babies still get sucked in, so once a month I check it for babies and I usually find a handful.

ty....lol...that's awesome...I did a thorough cleaning yesterday including taking filter apart to clean and no babies ...that's why I was absolutely shocked to see that baby walking out of the bushes...it is about 3/4 inch to an inch in size.....

Congradulations! Ghost shrimp are harder to breed but they often surprise their keepers.

Oh that Is awesome...I read that it takes 3-5 days for julii cory eggs to hatch.....fingers crossed ...tomorrow Is day 3.....and one of the eggs I see two dots....hope they're eyes.....

Lol I turned on the light to feed my angels two days ago to find what I thought at first was a mass of bugs to figure out I had fry! Never thought I would have little angels!

Once the fry are free swimming you should remove the parents to a separate tank. For some reason the fry will start to eat the sides of the parents when they are a few weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom