wow, that was almost bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, no disastors happened here, just thought i would share with you what happens when you buy fish without researching them (i almost did it today, and i'm so glad i didnt)

I went to Big Als fish store for the first time today and they had some very interesting fish, T-barbs. The store employee had them in a bag al ready for me and i said, "you know what, i think i wont take these today, maybe next time"

I looked up a little about them and they can grow 8-9 inches. lol

That's right! You know better than to buy before researching. Good for you

But you could have always put them in the pond. :)

i guess, i dont like putting tropical in the pond though. Nver had good luck with them. I had zebra danios in my pond last year, and they has NTD and it killed ALOT of my fish. Tropicals seem to be more suceptable(i cantr spell) to disease in cold water.

I still like this fish. If i ever set up a big semi agressive community they will be included.

WaterPond said:
Tropicals seem to be more suceptable(i cantr spell) to disease in cold water.

tropical fish should always be kept in a tropical tank, it is there ideal and optimal enviroment.

you wouldnt put a hamster in an ice pit, because you thought they could survive in the snow

Jason - good move ! I nearly did that with Giant Danios - they were in the bag and I said "you know what, I think I'll wait). Such a common fish, I figured it would be ok but then when I read more I figured their hyperactively would probably make them fairly unhappy in a 3ft planted tank.

And you're right - read BEFORE you buy - its SO hard to resist those impulses but in the long run everyone ends up happier.

I had a T-barb a long time ago, and he got quite big (probably 5") and started eating several of my smaller fish....so he went back to the LFS!

Back
Top Bottom