Wow they can't be serious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Stopped into a store today and found this...

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1443123825522.jpg
    1443123825522.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 1443123838237.jpg
    1443123838237.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 224
Is that a color morph?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well that's just stupid... so it won't even last??

That, and more importantly the fish won't last very long. They do this to indian glass fish, GBR and lots of other fish probably. Poor fish.

Yep... They are ruining a wonderful fish, and people will spend money on it and watch it die in no time... IMO this is one of the worst things someone could do to a young, unknowing, innocent fish... ?

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

They do it to albino clawed frogs too, I saw blue and green one today also.

Axolotyl too.. seen em.. blahhhh

Yeah alot of Tiger Barbs I've seen with neon skittle colors,same for those clear bony fish that get injected with glow stick liquid or whatever it is.. its sad.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah alot of Tiger Barbs I've seen with neon skittle colors,same for those clear bony fish that get injected with glow stick liquid or whatever it is.. its sad.

The barbs got the same embryonic gene injection as the glo tetras and danios, so those guys pass that gene along when spawning.

I don't think they do this now, but I stopped having Marine fish because they used cyanide to stun them, so they could catch them, this shortened their life considerably......it's all down to making Money this world.........

Such a graceful majestic fish.... And then they go along and ruin it. I'm not gonna lie, the first time I saw it I thought "how nice, did they breed a silver arrowana with a red arrowana?"

I had no idea they did that to African Clawed Frogs. Before the current pregnancy tests they actually used to inject the clawed frogs with some blood or urine I forgot which to see if a woman was pregnant.
What about blueberry oscars? I haven't see those in awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think they do this now, but I stopped having Marine fish because they used cyanide to stun them, so they could catch them, this shortened their life considerably......it's all down to making Money this world.........
I'll never own a flame angel again because of this, still to this day.
When only one fish in a system has issues and cyaninde is know to used in the area of collection I need no more!

This is when Money comes before cruelty.............
The simple solution is to not give the supplier of such ANY of your money!
A blueberry/strawberry arro? like most should even have an arro to begin with!?
To do this to such a prestigious fish is disgusting IMO.
I can put no price on any life ,but there are clear degrees of mistreatment or insult/injury.
Disgusting.

The barbs got the same embryonic gene injection as the glo tetras and danios, so those guys pass that gene along when spawning.

Still looks dumb to me, they should just raise them the way they are and not mess around trying to make an extra buck.

If the fish is only partially colored then it is automatically dyed. If it is fully colored (Like, bright colors EVERYWHERE on the fish I mean) then it is most likely not dyed. I came up with this little rule. How accurate do you think it is?

If the fish is only partially colored then it is automatically dyed. If it is fully colored (Like, bright colors EVERYWHERE on the fish I mean) then it is most likely not dyed. I came up with this little rule. How accurate do you think it is?

Well parrotfish and skirt tetras are fully colored when they are dyed

I have to agree with Coralbandit...

To do this to an Arowana, such a majestic and wonderful fish, and i support his use of the word "prestigious" here... Absolutely terrible... Its still bad when they do it to small fish like Tetras or whatever, but to ruin a giant of this hobby is awful... I hope whoever started the idea of dying fish gets a needle shoved in their (insert the other name of a donkey here) and colored all green and purple... Ugh...

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Back
Top Bottom