Wow this video is a real gem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plumwd

Aquarium Advice Activist
Check out this video on YouTube. I can't believe this guy totally clueless. I especially like this comment:

The filer can't do its job without a bacteria producing specimen. Its the law of aquariums, fish less cycling always fails or takes months to complete and even then the water quality won't be that good.

[youtube]lkAxB1j5siE[/youtube]

Wow 2 minutes in and I can already tell this guys has absolutely NO idea what he's talking about! Hysterical xD.

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

I did watch it all even though I wanted to turn it off. He means well but is talking through his rear! No wonder guys get into trouble with their tanks if they source their info from videos like that. :-(

He really likes his gravel.. Can't take away the passion of the substrate! Boooooooooo

Haha, I thought I saw a mustard stain on his smooth round gravel... Bro.. Your gravel is just alright....

Haha, I thought I saw a mustard stain on his smooth round gravel... Bro.. Your gravel is just alright....

Lol, he's all like "I got this for free, isn't that awesome?" Dude seriously you saved like 2$...

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

"10% water changes 1 time a week with fish in cycle." "Don't use fish you plan to have in the tank." ...

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

His filter doesn't hold good bacteria but his gravel does.... Say what?!
Let the gravel go for a few months and tell how the tank looks! The only thing gravel is good for is decoration and to hold uneaten food and fish poop!

A bare bottom tank is cleaner and easier to keep than any gravel tank anytime, just ask discus breeders.
I guess I should run and get a wet dry filter for my bare bottom tank.

His filter doesn't hold good bacteria but his gravel does.... Say what?!
Let the gravel go for a few months and tell how the tank looks! The only thing gravel is good for is decoration and to hold uneaten food and fish poop!

A bare bottom tank is cleaner and easier to keep than any gravel tank anytime, just ask discus breeders.
I guess I should run and get a wet dry filter for my bare bottom tank.

Well, gravel (not as much river rock, but still) does hold a good amount of BB due to the surface area. I'm pretty sure sand does too.

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

Well, gravel (not as much river rock, but still) does hold a good amount of BB due to the surface area. I'm pretty sure sand does too. Cycling 45 Gallon. cdf0addc20cdf0a
pale in comparison to what is kept in the filter!

Well, gravel (not as much river rock, but still) does hold a good amount of BB due to the surface area. I'm pretty sure sand does too. Cycling 45 Gallon. cdf0addc20cdf0a

Surface area meaning a lot of it, meaning basically the more gravel, the worse.
The only time gravel holds any beneficial amount of BB would be with an under gravel filter, other wise the little BB found in gravel is meaningless compared to the junk, detritus and decomposing stuff that accumulates inside of it hence the need to vacuum it frequently.

Back
Top Bottom