WOW! What a DEAL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocknOside

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
SO i recently acquired a custom 60.5"x12"x24" (approx. 72 gallons) and a stand for FREEE! Yes i was as stoked as anyone could be... its been filled with water now for just over 24 hours and no leaks either! Super stoked!

Anyways, I completely plan on using it, buuuut it might be a little too big. I am going to be cleaning out the tank and sanding/sealing/repainting the stand this week.

IF I don't end up keeping the tank and stand, what do you think i could sell for them for?

Depends on condition and stuff... Like, scratches or hard water stains...Also, some people don't like it painted which could reduce value. You will make more selling them together.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Let me clarify, if money were no issue for you, and you were looking for a clean, used, 72 gallon custom tank and stand, what would you be willing to pay?
$100, $200?

Let me clarify, if money were no issue for you, and you were looking for a clean, used, 72 gallon custom tank and stand, what would you be willing to pay?

$100, $200?

If it was just the tank and stand i would only be willing to pay about $100 but thats because I'm a broke little kid... I think $150-175 is a fair price, maybe $200 depending on the market in your area.

Money is an issue for most though, so i wouldn't go over $175 and for sure not over $200... Although if you live near Minneapolis, MN, youve got a buyer already ?

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Another thing that will help/hurt the value are the dimensions, if it's too tall it could really limit stocking and if it's too long, people might not have room. On the other hand, if it has a great height and footprint then you have a winner. Do you have any pics?

The dimensions listed? I'd pass on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If they gave it away for free it probably means their isnt a large demand in your area. I bought and sold 75 gallon tanks and stands for $75 bucks in my area because their isn't a large demand.

Lucky me

Well, luckily for me there is over 20 million people within a 100 mile radius.

Lucky me

Well, luckily for me there is over 20 million people within a 100 mile radius. I probably won't sell, but I like my chances if I do

Back
Top Bottom