Wrong Fish Bought...Now what to do! PLEASE HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ms_guy99

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I sent hubby and son to That Pet Place/That Fish Place to get fish. They had two options GloFish or Gold Barbs...both in stock at the store.

I guess I wasn't clear enough...because he come home with Glofish...but Barb GloFish...the are albino tiger barbs....six of them. :confused: I didn't even know they existed....

It wasn't until he was about to add them to the tank that I finally saw the fish and was like...what type of Glofish are those...I was expecting danios or Tetras!?!?

Not an issue....but we have Lemon Tetras.....and AqAdvisor says that the Albino Tiger Barbs are too aggressive for the for the Lemon Tetras. I have done some brief quick research and it looks like they are too aggressive for my precious lemon tetras.

Our Lemon Tetras have been through a lot and they mean a bunch to me...I had no choice to add the Tiger Barbs to the tank tonight...I have no where else to put them...oddly enough the Tiger Barbs...even when it seemed like they went after one of the Lemon Tetras....my Tetra wasn't taking it! But...they are bigger than the Tetras....and they were just added to the tank..once they are acclimated and then grow...who knows! Plus I only have 6....in the long term future...when one passes....will they become aggressive when there is only 5??

WHAT TO DO?!?!?

IMO tiger barbs are less aggressive if they can school. I would just keep an eye on them if you have to worst case by a tank divider.

IMO tiger barbs are less aggressive if they can school. I would just keep an eye on them if you have to worst case by a tank divider.

It's only a 36gal tank...I don't think that will work...especially for 5+ years??

I am going to call them tomorrow and beg beg beg them to let me return them....

I have a five gallon bucket...is there any way I can put them in there in the morning?!?!?

I don't have an extra filter or heater....:bawl: I don't know what to do...and if I go in there in the morning and there is even 1 tetra missing.....oh gosh.....it will be all my fault....

They will be fine in a bucket as long as the temp doesn't drop too far over night. You can always float the bucket in the tank for the night. You could add them to the tank but then you have to catch them all in the morning plus they could be carrying a disease because you haven't quarantined them.

Back
Top Bottom