X ray and angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lone tetras have been known to behave aggressively and I have seen it happen. I would get about 5 more tetras and move them to a bigger tank with the angelfish.

Sorry if I sound rude, I'm really just trying to help. But...Angels can not be housed in a 8 gal tank. They need need at least 30 gal. You need to do some more research before you buy anymore fish. It really isn't even big enough for the tetra if it's a cube shape. They need room to swim around. For a 8 gal you need to stick with really small fish that won't need much swimming room. Betta, shrimp, Pygmy cory, and celestial pearl danio.

You arent being rude just giving much needed advice!
Im not sure if it is a tetra. It has 2 black stripes near its face. It isnt cubed it is quite flat.
They are the biggest fish in the tank. The others are about 1 inch

If you can post a picture I might b able to ID it. In any case I would advise getting more of that species. Generally speaking, when you have a group of schooling fish, aggression towards other species isn't an issue.

If you can post a picture I might b able to ID it. In any case I would advise getting more of that species. Generally speaking, when you have a group of schooling fish, aggression towards other species isn't an issue.

I wouldn't recommend putting anything else in such a small tank. You really should try to return the angel, and get a ID on the tetra. Or just get a bigger tank.

I would get a bigger tank too I was just saying schooling fish don't normally behave aggressively.

I see it. That is a black skirt tetra. That species is a known fin nipper so that would explain the behavior. I would return him and get a bigger tank for the angelfish.

When I bought them they were in the same tank...and I tiny one at that.
Sometimes LFS's dont really know what they are doing. Im sure theyre not paying employees enough to hire any vast knowledge (although there are a few stores out there that do). I once saw an employee at the LFS unpacking their shipment and he had just put a 10" ropefish (or reedfish) in with zebra danios. Those happen to be a ropefish's favorite treat. He had to quickly get the reedfish out, but a few danios had already been swallowed.

Back
Top Bottom