Yellow plecos identity???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieGal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys, I'm living in Dubai, UAE and have bought my tank a few months ago. I've had tanks in Australia, but alot of the fish here are different to what I'm used to. I have two yellow plecos. They are roughly 4 inches long and have big red eyes. I've had a quick look on the net but haven't come across anything similar. Any suggestions as to what their name is?

Are they yellow spotted or are they a yellow-brown shade all over with dots or do they lack dots or are they yellow like the color of your smiley face?

They might be some kind of albino, but without a picture it's hard to tell. :(

They are completely yellow like the smiley, and have red eyes. Don't know how else to describe them. Their belly is a bit paler so you can kind of see their 'insides'.... 8O

I suspect its a more common plec, but an albino variety. Most albinos have red eyes. Check out the albino plecs at www.catfish.com 's cat-e-log; you'll see a few really yellow cats with red eyes there. Maybe its one of them :)

Yay!! Thats exactly it! Thanks Moose :p

And um... Alli, your site took me to a gourmet catfish cooking site lol... Thanks anyway tho

Yum great recipes on that site Ali! You made my night! That made me laugh so hard! :)

AussieGal waht kind of Cory's do you have??

I've got 4 albino ones and 4 browny speckly ones lol... Just in the midst of trying to find out all the names at the moment. The people at the lfs here aren't too helpful...

Ok, just found them on the net... 'peppered corys'... next search is to find what type of eels i have lol (am in the office and spend my time at work very productively lol)

LOL I have the hugest headcold; my brain is stuffed. I MEANT to type www.planetcatfish.com LOL

Sorry *snicker* I promise planet catfish is more about keeping cats then eating them! Although the site I DID enter looks kinda yummy *eyes her 8 inch plec*

Back
Top Bottom