Yet another betta compatibility question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I know this has been discussed to death it seems but I have not made any decision yet so I ask here. My son has a cycled 5 gal tank with one male betta and one oto. What other fish that would remain small would go in this tank with the current inhabitants? The tank has a filter, heater and a light. Any opinions?

Opinions on these fish with bettas? And I don't mean all together LOL. Danios, white cloud minnows, cherry barbs, gold barbs, rasboras, platies, mollies or corydoras?

The tank is just too small for any more fish IMO. Maybe you could go with like 1 or 2 ghost shrimp. BTW, you do know ottos are herbivores and will starve to death if you don't feed it veggies and/or algae wafers, right?

RoK said:
The tank is just too small for any more fish IMO. Maybe you could go with like 1 or 2 ghost shrimp. BTW, you do know ottos are herbivores and will starve to death if you don't feed it veggies and/or algae wafers, right?

That is my thought..... or a cherry shrimp for color if you can $$ for it

No cories as evan my pygmys are an inch and they prefer groups.. jmho

RoK said:
Actually I didn't know that, I just feed algae wafers to all algae eaters and like to provide all fish with veggies. Cucumbers in a veggie clip or peas are the ones I feed most. Nice to know that I was doing something right even though I didn't know why.

vince is selling cherries for 2.25 right now. thats pretty good. and there always other shrimp otu there.

Back
Top Bottom