Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yet Another Stocking Question - 35g

Hello again! I'm back with yet another question about stocking options for my 35g long.

So far, this is what I have:
5 Blushing Tetras (variation on a white skirt)
5 Bleeding Heart Tetras
6 Diamond Tetras
1 Bristlenose Pleco

I've had free reign over this tank from the beginning, but recently my other half has started showing an interest in it as well. A few times now, he's mentioned that he really likes black angelfish. I'm now wanting to include one in the tank for him if that's possible with my current inhabitants.

Basically I'm wondering if an angelfish would do well in my community tank with my various tetras. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you!

Old 03-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Get him his angelfish already how tall is your tank?

Old 03-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
Get him his angelfish already how tall is your tank?
Geeesh, you think you'd know by now that I need to hear "do it!" a half dozen times before I actually will.

Tank is 19" tall.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

DO IT!!!!!! I'll tatoo it to the back of your hand!! With a crayola marker of course...from what Andy sagar says if you're going to get an angel make sure it's atleast the size of a us half dollar or maybe a Canadian looney??? About 1 1/4 inch or ... Crap... 8-9 cm???
Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
DO IT!!!!!! I'll tatoo it to the back of your hand!! With a crayola marker of course...

Hand tattoos are painful as all heck! Is it a washable crayola marker? Sharp tip or broad? These things are important, you see.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincritical View Post
Hand tattoos are painful as all heck! Is it a washable crayola marker? Sharp tip or broad? These things are important, you see.
washable! I'm not sadistic
Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Check my edit post before though .. Andy knows his stuff on angels!!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pretty sure the angels at my pet store are toonie-sized. Not babies, not adults. Sammy has a thing for big fish so if anything, I'll have to stop him from picking something huge.

Your Canada-speak is most amusing. Perhaps I shall post everything in metric units from now on, with Celcius temperatures and a handy French translation to follow!

Do you think the angel would leave me fully stocked, or could I add a small group of harlequins to finish everything off?
Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincritical View Post
Pretty sure the angels at my pet store are toonie-sized. Not babies, not adults. Sammy has a thing for big fish so if anything, I'll have to stop him from picking something huge. Your Canada-speak is most amusing. Perhaps I shall post everything in metric units from now on, with Celcius temperatures and a handy French translation to follow! Do you think the angel would leave me fully stocked, or could I add a small group of harlequins to finish everything off?
ive been once!!! Just sell him on the growing it out part! He'll dig it.. I refuse to buy anything but juvenile fish.. Bit seriously.. Stick with the Americanized posting I'm easily confused.. I think you could potentially add something else but it would need to be based off you water tests and what areas of you tank have plenty if space for occupation..
Old 03-28-2014, 10:52 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sounds good. Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just a suggestion but I'd recommend increasing the numbers on your schools or cutting out one and going with two big schools. 10-12 of two different types would look fantastic.

Tags
question, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com