Yippee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost a fish :(

So, I bought 6 neons for the 44 gal... somehow I ended up with 5 in there.... I checked the bag and the net... there was nothing... the other 5 are finally swimming in a school but I'm still missing one... ill check a little later and see if he is back in the school, but I couldn't find him anywhere... :( THEN on top of that.. I added some mondo grass in the 10 gallon and I'm pretty sure it caused my black skirt to have a heart attack! :( He was upside down slowly breathing when I had to leave... I won't be surprised if I get home and he's gone! :( I feel horrible!

Somehow my black skirt came through! I swear that fish is a fighter! That is 3 times now he has floated upside down and was at deaths doorstep! I'm still amazed!

My neons however... I still don't know how many I have in there... They are all hiding... Only 1 or 2 are brave enough to come out right now! Poor lil guys!

Mommaof4boys said:
Somehow my black skirt came through! I swear that fish is a fighter! That is 3 times now he has floated upside down and was at deaths doorstep! I'm still amazed!

My neons however... I still don't know how many I have in there... They are all hiding... Only 1 or 2 are brave enough to come out right now! Poor lil guys!

Awesome! I remember reading your other thread earlier today, I'm glad he/she turned around :)

Yippee is actually spelled yippie lol, my sister lost the spelling bee on the word yippie haha just wanted to point it out for some strange reason :D

Lol oh well then, I apologize! I'm no good.with spelling! Lol guess that is why I was never in a spelling bee! :)

Thank you, I'm glad he/she made it also! I need to sex it somehow, but don't have another full grown pair to compare him too! Lol

Mommaof4boys said:
Lol oh well then, I apologize! I'm no good.with spelling! Lol guess that is why I was never in a spelling bee! :)

Thank you, I'm glad he/she made it also! I need to sex it somehow, but don't have another full grown pair to compare him too! Lol

Haha don't apologize, I spell it your way too :p

I hope you find your neon too

I looked again and I still only can find 5? I'm wondering if the guy miscounted? I should have double checked before I put them in there! :(

Mommaof4boys said:
I looked again and I still only can find 5? I'm wondering if the guy miscounted? I should have double checked before I put them in there! :(

Did you buy 6? That's odd, they don't just disappear, they can't burrow or jump real well either. I'd think that the guy miscounted. Go back to the store and demand that you get $2 back!

I totally paid for 6! That is why I'm so disappointed I only see 5! I literally spent an hour searching everywhere! :-/

That's good your fish pulled through. They are remarkable. And for your neon, IMO your looking too hard. Lol. We've all done it before, we usually find the missing fish when we aren't looking for it. Double check your receipt if you still have it.

Did the one tetra disappear after you put them in the tank? I had one disappear after I put some in my tank. I hear about tetras disappearing all the time from people's tanks. I have nothing in my tank that is aggressive or semi-aggressive.

How did you acclimate them? Try and find it; you don't want a dead fish in there. Check your filters too. Also Mondo Grass isn't fully aquatic and it'll rot in there eventually; I doubt the mondo grass affected the fish though, probably coincidence. Check your parameters (ammonia, nitrite, etc) to be sure nothing is off. You can do an extra water change to be safe. Sorry about your fish.

He decided to come out and play today! Whoo hoo!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120527_111551.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120527_111551.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 56
The lost fish has decided to come from hiding! Yay! I have no idea where he was hiding, but I'm glad I have all 6! :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120527_111659.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120527_111659.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 65
Yay! Glad things have worked out. You should maybe figure out what's wrong with the black skirt tetra though. Any other symptoms? What do you feed and how often? He might have some swim bladder issues.

I read about the mondo grass last night and will be taking it back today! My black skirt pulled through... He's right side up and swimming today! Yay!

I recently bought 6 tetras. The lfs gave me 7 in the bag. That seventh one died within 24 hrs. I found the body at the bottom of the tank. It lost all it's color. I got a replacement and that one died too. I saw it at the bottom being ripped apart and eaten by my otherwise docile Platys and mollies. I am sure that had I not seen this in action the body would have been lost without a trace. The third replacement has survived so far

Thank you! I'm sorry though that you have had such a rough time! I hope this 3rd replacement works out for you! :)

My little fighter!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120527_115134.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120527_115134.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 53
  • ForumRunner_20120527_115150.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120527_115150.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 59
  • ForumRunner_20120527_115159.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120527_115159.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 47
Back