you guys are awesome!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubeardy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently set up an aquarium and I have spoken to a handful of members here desperate for answers as a newbie! you guys are awesome.. everyone has been very friendly and patient and, of course, helpful.

before I posted yet another question (my otos died. not sure why. should I get more?) I wanted to post a non question post to say thank you :)

here is my betta home, in a 5 gallon. 1485204800170.jpg

Otos should only be homed in well established aquariums that have been running for a while. They are extremely fragile fish

Disease wise no, if you found them late possibly an ammonia spike could have occurred, which is fixable with water changes. If possible, you should always have a QT (quarantine) tank ready for newly acquired fish.

Disease wise no, if you found them late possibly an ammonia spike could have occurred, which is fixable with water changes. If possible, you should always have a QT (quarantine) tank ready for newly acquired fish.
phew..... would haye to.ooose my betta. I did have them in a quaretine tank to begin with. bit one of my heaters failed which meant combining the two tank mates so I could use the only.working heater. I fear it was the constant the moving that did it... bit I couldn't leave them.in cold water either.

phew..... would haye to.ooose my betta. I did have them in a quaretine tank to begin with. bit one of my heaters failed which meant combining the two tank mates so I could use the only.working heater. I fear it was the constant the moving that did it... bit I couldn't leave them.in cold water either.
hate to loose. my phone auto correct hates me... sorry!

Just seems like a series of unfortunate events :(. If I were you I'd hold off on otos until your tank has fully matured

Is that a camera on the side of the tank?
no its a digital thermometer... wanted something lore accurate bevause of my dodgy heater. it is set at 27 bit reaches 24.5-25..... bit least it's constant.( I think it struggles because my room is so cold... welcome to British winter!)

no its a digital thermometer... wanted something lore accurate bevause of my dodgy heater. it is set at 27 bit reaches 24.5-25..... bit least it's constant.( I think it struggles because my room is so cold... welcome to British winter!)

Lol I thought it was a GoPro. I also struggle to keep my tanks heated because of the Canadian winter.

Some java moss on the buhda be cool. Swords are gonna swallow you.

Back
Top Bottom