You see a fish you wanted but ......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today, it was a red TigerBarb which is a color variation of a TigerBarb and not exactly an Albino TigerBarb. The Red Tiger almost appears to have transparent skin ... very weird. Anyway ... I saw one in a TigerBarb tank at a Petland discounts that lost their lease to a Walmart that is expanding. I really really wanted to buy it ... BUT .... in the same tank ... a TigerBarb that literally looks like it was sprinkled with salt:facepalm: .. if you get my drift:brows:

Has anyone else had a similar situation ... see a fish at an LFS you've been looking for but ......

this happens everytime i walk into a store that sells fish.

this just happened to me 2 weeks ago I saw a beautiful cobra guppy the markings went through his entire body but I saw a spot of ick on himso I said no thanks

All the time. Walked into petsmart to look at the ADF's and Saw the cutest little one! Then after further examination, I realized it was the only living one left... In a tank of 10 others. :( I couldn't do it.

if it was something special (like you described), then i'd go for it and keep it in a quarantine tank for as long as needed. you might have to put in a bit of work if the fish is infected but it'll prob have a better chance to survive with your TLC than in the fish shop.

think of it as a rescue mission :)

if it was something special (like you described), then i'd go for it and keep it in a quarantine tank for as long as needed. you might have to put in a bit of work if the fish is infected but it'll prob have a better chance to survive with your TLC than in the fish shop.

think of it as a rescue mission :)
this is why i buy petsmart fish.(sometimes,most of my fish are from a slightly better LFS)

Back
Top Bottom