Your favorite catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoeplein

Aquarium Advice Addict
If I were to setup another tank, it would be something shallow with a large footprint. That way I could keep a large collection of kitties. I'm loving my corys. I'm especially fond of serbai.

Which do you have?
Which do you wish you had?

I have green and serbai corys, and a synodontis nigri (upside down cat).
I really dig the synodontis angelicus and ocellifer.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like my South American Bumblebee Catfish (Microglanis iheringi)... when I get to see them. They usually stay hidden.

Spotted raphael catfish (Agamyxis pectinifrons) for the win! Nothing better than a super fat catfish that croaks out of the water lol. I also love my 2 SA bumblebee catfish :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you want a group of Synodontis you should first add at least 4 more nigriventris, they are a social species. Angelicus, ocellifer, and most other similar-size species are territorial rather than social, but you can keep a group of 8-10 in a suitably large tank, or several individuals given enough space and suitable cover.
I have groups of S. multipunctatus in a 90, S. petricola and lucipinnis in the 125, and a single eupterus in the 220. A 40 breeder and a 75 housing super red BN, L-333's and L-180's, and another 40 breeder housing L-134's. Also have regular brown, albino, and calico BN in just about every other tank to keep the glass clear of algae.

I really like my banjo cat. He's strange looking and I like that in the morning it waits for me to drop in sinking pellets, before hiding and sleeping most of the day.

My favorite catfish that I had was my pair of pictus cats. I might get more for my 55. I'd like to get a planiloricaria cryptodon.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My fav 2 cats are

Tigrinus and lince cats

I also like syno angellicus

My favorite catfish is the redtail catfish but my favorite I've ever had is the eclipse catfish.

May the force be with you.

Synodontis Angelicus is my favorite catfish! I got one for a good deal too!

I love my trio of syndontis petricola. Blast to watch, always moving and playing with each other. One of them even does summersaults along the front

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Asian Glass Catfish, cool to be able to see skeleton. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406439844.690998.jpg

Not specifically a catfish, but I really like loaches. I currently have zebra loaches, yoyo loaches, and red sumo loaches. They are tiny little whiskers, are very active, and pretty peaceful with other fish!
Besides them, I do have to agree that the banjo cat is pretty cool looking. I kept some for quite awhile.

I gotta say a synodontis petricola. They are great interesting fish but do.t get along well with plecos which is why I got rid of my trio.

I *love* Otos. They can clean huge swaths of diatoms overnight, they get the nooks and crannies so well, and they're silly.

I also had the good fortune of my first set coming from a really good fish store - I drip acclimated and didn't end up losing any.

Cories are fun to watch too and I understand they have a wider diet than Otos, but the only ones with strong markings that I liked were expensive. So I opted for non-kitty janitors to go with the Otos.

My synodontis nigri has started to become accustomed to my tank and has been hanging out on the underside of my driftwood instead of under the rocks. Such a neat fish. Wish he swam around more, but I can understand why not - pretty heavily stocked and planted.

My corys are still skittish as heck, but have also started to come hang out in the middle and left sides of the tank. They'd been hanging out mostly in the back of the forest of ludwigia repens or under the false rock. Nice to see both shoals coming out and looking all goofy and majestic in the middle of the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

MINI MOTH CATFISH!!! i love them not very common and not many people know what they are, but they are such cute fish

MINI MOTH CATFISH!!! i love them not very common and not many people know what they are, but they are such cute fish

Could you post a picture? When I look them up I get a lot of mixed pictures for them.

May the force be with you.

Back
Top Bottom