YOUR favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felipe

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just want some different opinions on what kind of fish peopole like the most. I guess you could call this a poll but, i wanna call is "Felipe's Fish Fun!" whadda you think? anyway, i wanna know about what are the most "userfriendly fish/ what fish are peoples favorites to have.

to get things started i will say.........BIG CHUBBY GOLDFISH! yea haha those are pretty cool. i like them becuase they are soo tough and can withstand any water conditions EVER! they are also pretty. haha aright. :)

tetras (neon especially), bettas, goldfish are cool, and i pretty much like a lot of them, but dont know all the names yet and im not going to begin to describe them all.

For me it has to be the gluttonous Oscar. They recognize you as a friend. Or maybe it's as a food source, hahaha. Seriously though Oscars will come over and rub your hands with thier bodies almost to say "I like you".
The topic said fish but if crustaceons are included, crayfish are so comical to watch. They have personality. I have one that I have named Emeril after Emeril Lagassy the chef. He is such a cut up. He makes me laugh. I will sit and watch him for the longest time, just watching his crazy antics.

I really liked my barbs. I had tigers, mossys and goldens, but they ganged up on my angels so they had to go. Saw some sunset platys in a shop a few days ago - they were beautiful. My sailfin plec is great but really messy. :)

Cichlids are pretty sweet, and i admire those that have nice ones, i also like bala and redtail sharks are pretty sweet too.

I found this lurking around a bit and wanted to bring it back :p

My current favorite is my Nimbochromis Venustus. He's a huge Malawi cichlid, a predator. They grow to 10inches and look beautiful. Otherwise, I got to go with my oscars, except when they sulk, so funny.

Amen to Oscars, I love them, the quote pertains to them the most "To each his own"!

I like many a fish, especially the nastier aggressive ones, or the plain ol' goofy ones. As I say this my fish would either have to be the Green Spotted Puffer, they are hilarious chubby fish that are constantly looking out for someone to play with... or eat. The goofy fish I like would have to be the weather loaches. They are such social critters and on top of that they are funny to watch in general... except in a storm, but as many of you know they are one of the most famous escape artist out there, but lucky for us they even evolved to live though that!

I used to have some weather/dojo loaches. Love those guys. I think they're a good choice if you want an eel too, cause they aren't, but they look eelish :p

Clown loaches! :D

Although I am starting to grow quite fond of my betta (who is fearless and somehow affectionate)

1. my cories 2. my cardinals / neons 3. my guppies

I sometimes think that my next tank will be a species tank for cories...

and then i start imagining a school of cardinals in the tank.. haha..

probably my jack... cause im always so pissed off at him for being him, im always thinking about him. Then i start to love him again.. better than a dog... that eats other dogs... alright ill stop.

Back
Top Bottom