Your greatest fish Adventure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey,
Just another thread i thought i would start!
So we have had, what was your first fish tank and how do you name your fish. Both huge succesess in my eyes. So now i want to know if you fish has had a bit of a tumble or something. Mine goes something like this

So i went to bed and i have a yabby in my tank next to me (7cm). I loved him and would listen to him move the rocks and the gravel and eat his feeder fish. This was around a 8 months ago. So I went to bed watch him then slept.
The next moring i woke up and looked into the tank. I have a dragon ornament which he loved to hid in. So i looked but couldnt see him. Now this is not unusual so i went to school.
I came home and looked again but could't find him. Now i knew something was up because hr ALWAYS came out when i came in for me to feed him his worm or pea or ham. But no. so i went to mum and said "Mum i think my yabbie has escaped"
She said "No he is just hiding."
So i went to bed that night and i folded my clothes, put them into my wardrobe and i step on something that cracks. I look down and there is my poor yabbie.
I was so devastaed so the next day mujm got me two new ones and they had babies ( =) )
But what i wonddr is how a yabbie thats 7cm can get under a gap that is about 1 cm?

So you tell me yours!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... In high school my brother and I both had tanks. I was your typical barb/danio keeper. It was nothing showy but the fish lived so, teenage me, thought that was an accomplishment and I was proud of it. My brother however, had some kind of lobster looking thing that had been converted to freshwater. He had a habit for climbing out of his tank and my brother tried to keep that fact hidden from our parents. So needless to say when my brother's pet got out, most of the time he never raised an alarm and he just found him and discreetly put him back inside. One day after school I let myself in the house to see what I thought was a giant fuzzy mouse in the kitchen. Being the fearless thing that I am, I ran away from it. Then after realizing if I didn't keep an eye on it it might sneak into my room, I decided to 'observe' it til my brother got home. It didn't take long for me to notice the red claws hanging out from under the dog hair. From that point I could only assume he'd gotten up under the refrigerator and was lucky to still be alive.

Using a paper plate and a dust pan, I carried my brother's little lobster back to his room and then proceeded to cry like a little girl as I tried to pick enough of the debris off of him to dump him back in his tank. My brother arrived home just as I was attempting to lobster proof his tank and had the nerve to complain because there was floaty stuff in his aquarium water. I retaliated by raising the alarm with mom and dad that his lobster liked to lurk around the house.

Years ago (when I still kept Bettas in bowls) I came home to find a bowl empty. I panicked and finally found it in a full ashtray next to the bowl. Yes, the betta lived for another year.

!!! Speaking of leaping fish. Way back in the day....when I thought my five inch Pleco was a monster, (he's now eleven inches), he jumped out of the bucket I'd put him in so I could move his aquarium. He landed with a terrible thud/wet slapping sound on the floor. It took me forever to catch him because every time I attempted to put him back in he'd curl up and then fling himself up and over my hand. I was so afraid he'd fin me or something. I'm sure it was rather hysterical considering I think i ended up using a thin children's book and one of my brother's toys to scoop him up and drop him back in the bucket. Then I used said toy as a weight to hold the book on top of the bucket until I was done. lol I've since named that pleco Tank because he's just so darn big now.

when i was a kid i had a 20gal tank that i had about any fish you could think of in it(i didnt know what bio load was of what overstocked ment) i had goldie that i got from a wedding in there for about 4 years in that time he had all of his tail nipped off and had a hard time swimming, but loved to get under the hob filter return and swimm with all his mite against the waterfall of current. well his tail grew back longr and pritter that ever

about a year b4 that my filter intake tube screen fell off over nite and the next morning i put it back on not thinking anything about it. when i got home form school i was looking for my lil goldie and couldnt find him, i figured some1 ate him and was upset a little bit so mom took me to town and let me buy another fish(with my own $$ of course) to cheer me up so i got another fish(not sure what i got but not a goldi) and a new filter pad. i dint chang the filter for another 2days when i pulled the old pad out my goldie was hanging out inthe filter. happy as a clam so i put him back in the tank and hes was just fine. i have no clue how he got thur the inpeller

well about a year b4 he died i woke up in the morning and made my way to the bathroomto get ready for school and i felt somthing under the arch of my foot that felt like one of thoes sticky hands you get out of a vending thing at a restorant. turned on the lite and it was my goldie hanging out on the floor. i picked him up and put him back in the tank and he started swiming around like nothn had hppend lol

that was one tough lil fish there when he died he was about 4in long and his tail was another 4 or 5in long.

Wow, crazy stories.
The most devastating fish story I have:

Once when I was little I won a Betta at a fair. I kept him in a little fish bowl. (I was little and didn't know anything about fish... now I keep my Bettas in 5g heated and filtered) It just so happens that the kitchen cabinets hang over the area where the tank was...
One day, while we were in the family room, we heard an obnoxiously loud crash and ran to the kitchen. The cabinet had actually fallen! Dreafully enough, it fell right on top of the tank, crushing everything underneath. All the cups, mugs, plates, etc. in the cabinet were destroyed, including the Betta and tank. I was so upset.
I mean, what a tragic death!

Since then the cabinets have been fixed, we stock them lightly, and I never place a fish tank in that convenient little nook again.

:'(

Back
Top Bottom