Your Stupid Fish Story....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PsiPro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Whats the dumbest / funninest thing you have seen a fish do?

I got mine today. When I checked my tank when I came home I noticed somthing stuck in the air intake of the powerhead. I know I know I shouldn't have left it open but I never figured that my otto would stick its head in there!
Needless to say he was fairly stiff when I pulled him out.

Whats your story?

Attachments

• p1010033_127.jpg
    p1010033_127.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 100
Well i bought a botia not to long ago( 4 or 5 days) for 10 bucks, so its the most expensive fish i have bought to date. It cmes out at night, so i usually figure its hiding, then i clean out my tank today, and theres nothing, hes not there, so i figured it jumped out, and one of my dogs ate it. :?

Ouch.... Atleast i hope he was tastey, poor guy, bet the dogs had fun tho.

When I have my powerhead off (it's just my secondary filter, so I don't run all the time), one of my 2 fire eels makes a home in the output. Then, when I turn it on, he shoots out like a torpedo.

The strangest/dumbest thing one of my fish has done is I used to have a CAE that would jump at the glass at the top of the tank. The more he banged his head into it, the happier he seemed. He eventually died, I think from brain damage from hitting his head. Can fish suffer concusions? LOL

i had a killifish and i kept wondering why every time i bought guppies they dissapeared :roll:

Sounds like my Bala. The older he gets, the more he jumps and hits his head on the hood. And seems happier too. But not sure how long it will last.

My dwarf gourami is the stupidest and funniest fish I ever had. He tries to eat my finger and nose through the glass. He watches flake float past on the water surface and then starts running around acting as if i havn't fed him and is begging at me for more food.

Heres an update on that botia, i cleaned the tank substrate last night, as in took out all the decorations, and i didn't see that fish. Today, i had to work, so i woke up at like quarter after 6, and my mom is looking in the tank and says, oh my god theres that fish!, i come over and lowe and behold there it is. I think im goona name it houdini.

In college I had a goldfish in a 10 gallon tank on my dresser. (That part could go under the "biggest misconception" thread.) It was a pretty basic setup, with a heater, HOB, and no cover. One day I came back to my room to find my fish swimming, not in the tank, but in a glass of water I had left on the dresser next to the tank. I have no idea if it was good aim or dumb luck.

Haha. Lucky gold fish. I had a dog I named houdini becasue it could always open kennels.... until we bungied them shut.

heh, my dog can do that too, sage;). But i still cant get over it, i have no clue where this thing was, do they burry into the substrate or something?

My Zebra Danios like to slip into my overflow box and take a ride down my drain pipe to the sump. I have plants to block them from doing it now. :mrgreen:

I got tired of fishing them out of my sump.

Could be in the filter, burried itself, or if you have any ornaments that are hollow, could be in one. I know my fire eels love this rock formation I have because it's hollow. They go under the gravel and into the ornament. I noticed my small dojo loach is doing it too, now that there;s a small entrance in the gravel that the eels stick their heads out.

What kind of botia? I had a yoyo that used to jam itself into the tightest places on the large shipwreck I had. And since he was similar in color, couldn't see him unless you were really looking hard.

botia%20modesta%20blue.jpg

thats the one right there, the problem is i took all the ornaments out last night, and there was no botia in the tank. And the ornaments were out for a good 30 minutes too...wiierd.

Back
Top Bottom