Your Thoughts On Mirror Back Tanks :0)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnolia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:D Hi! This looks like a great forum. I am interested in your thoughts on the mirror back tanks. My neighbor has offered me her 40 gal. mirror back as she's now using a 75 gal tank. I used to admire one in a local pet store but noticed the fish always had ick problems in that tank only. Is it possible that having a mirror back causes too much stress for the fish from background activity? Thanks for any suggestions, comments you can lend.

can't say from experience, but i don't see why they would have a problem with it unless you just have fish who don't like other fish.... :D --my guess would be that there was another cause of the recurrent ick, but who knows? worth a try, besides there are all sorts of plants and decorations that you can cover it up with if you don't like it....sounds pretty kewl though..

When we had a tank with a mirror-like back the fish did not like it. They didn't get sick but would almost run into it. It brought out the aggressiveness of those fish. I tried the backgrounds that you get at the store and even tried wrapping paper in solid colors. But my favorite is paint! My hubby sprayed the tank with a blue metallic paint. We liked it so much that we have done it to others. It doesn't wrinkle and makes cleaning the back of the tank easier. You have lots of choices!

Back
Top Bottom