Yoyo loach fin nipping solution?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
I believe that one of my yoyo loachs is fin nipping my agassizi cory,2 of them have pretty torn fins and one of the 2 is just about dead and I'm fairly certain its the loach. I have 2 loaches, 1 is significantly bigger than the other and is the biggest fish in the tank. I have 3 corys, 2 loaches, and 5 black skirt tetras. I think the loach tries to get the tetras but they are to fast for him and the corys are easy prey. I was reading around and I think one of the problems could be I'm not feeding them enough, currently I feed everyone every other day with flake food and sometimes blood worms, should I feed more often. Also what other options do I have to stop the big loach from murdering?

Black skirt tetras are also known fin nippers. Try removing the loaches and see if the fins are still being nipped

I don't really have a way of removing them without giving them away, I've had the tetras for awhile and I've never witnessed any fin nipping by them. Just the big loach, so is there anything I can do to calm him down?

Well I got some algae wafers today and we shall see how it goes feeding them twice a day. Hope it calms him down a bit

Back
Top Bottom