Yoyo loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I want to talk yoyo lol a few things I want to know how well do they do with corys and will they eat or try to eat a 2 inch mystery snail or do they just eat what fits in their mouths.... Also any other info on these guys would be nice I would rather people with experience tell me no web addresses thx

Too rowdy for comfort with Cory cats, better to keep one or the other. They do need to be kept in groups, 5 or more is best, 3 minimum. Normally very active fish, I wouldn't trust them not to eat any size or type of snail. Not really aggresive in general, but can hold their own with most cichlids.

I've never kept them with smaller tropicals, not my cup of tea, but always with large CA/SA cichlids. They are peaceful with other fish but can get a little nippy with each other, no damage just a little chasing and liplocking. Todd is correct with the stocking ratios but I wouldn't keep less than five. And with regards to the snails that's like a kid in a candy store, someone's leaving unhappy.:bawl::hide:

So my tanks to small for clown loaches ur telling me yoyo loaches are to active for my peppered cory so what do I get to eat my snails

I've not had that problem with mine - I have three each in both of my 75's with eight or ten cories - no problems that I have seen. Yoyos are quite active and do chase each other considerably. jm2cw

Back
Top Bottom