yoyo loachs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been reading about these fish and I've been getting mix info can anybody give me some advice on these guys thanks

They are awesome little guys. I had some in my community tank. They love to scavenge, so you don't want sharp edged substrate. You would need a minimum of 3, but the more the merrier. Some say they eat pest snails, I did not find that to be true. They love to have caves to hide in. I would recommend 30 gallon tank minimum.

What else are you looking for?

Its a 40g and its got 1 betta 6 harlequin rasboras 5 albino cory and a bunch of rcs

No RCS would survive a group of yoyo loaches.

Shrimp and snails would be eaten, and the betta certainly wouldn't appreciate the activity level of the yoyo's even if they didn't outright chase it around the tank. I really wouldn't recommend keeping yoyo's in anything smaller than a 55 or 75. They're active (even downright rowdy) fish that need a fair bit of space, and tankmates that are quick-moving or big/tough enough to stand up to them. The Cory cats would be outcompeted at feeding time too.

Back
Top Bottom