Yoyo Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I believe I have a male Yoyo, they told me to get 2 more a total of 3 includeing mine, they do better this way. so i am looking around, the question is would it be better to get a 2 females, 1 male 1 female or 2 males? the way i read you can tell female from male is that the male has slight brown/red wiskers. the picture you cant tell but he does.

I have 6 yoyos and had no idea that they were sexable? Even if this is true I would guess that it only applies to mature fish which would be 3-4" for a yoyo?

A single loach is usually a much more aggressive loach. They really should be kept in groups of at least 3 for their sake and others. When in groups they tend to chanse each other around and not other fish. I have 9 species of loach and find that my yoyos are the most aggressive towards other fish and tend to nibble some plants while my Blue Botias are the most aggressive towards there own species.

I don't think the male to female ratio matters really. ;) I have 4 and like the poster above, have no idea what sex they are. I just figured that my 2 fatter ones were female, but really I don't know. I think having them in a group is more important than having so many females to males.

from my research the males have redish nose/mouth/bristols the female do not.

since I have got about three days ago 4 angelicus botias my yoyo just wont come out to even feed.

it doesn't matter what sexes they are, yoyos don't really have that sort of social structure as far as i know. just get 2 more and your yoyo will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom