Yuck! There's water mold in my gravel- how do I remove it for good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuomiBetta

Aquarium Advice Freak
Aside from the obvious, I've been gravel-vacuuming repeatedly and I'm losing this battle. I have two types: some looks like unfertilized fish/snail eggs (white dots with slick clear gel) and some that looks like standard fuzzy water mold in my 5 gallon betta tank. Outside of Ragnar the mighty the tank is empty. Short of replacing the substrate, how can I eradicate this mold problem for good? (Though if I must, I can willing switch to sand, but I'd rather save that as my last resort!)

Sounds like you aren't removing uneaten food from the tank and it is growing fungus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds like you aren't removing uneaten food from the tank and it is growing fungus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

There's still some stubborn algae flake left. After I get that up, how can I remove any left over spores?

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep. Vac now, change water, and feed less to keep it from recurring. It will go away if it doesn't have anything to eat.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Thank you, both of you. Good thing I have a spare 1 gallon to keep my betta while I vacuum the gravel thoroughly. This might end up being a 90% water change but at least it'll clear out any nitrate and fungi!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom