Zach's 46g Bowfront Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any of those should work just remember that you need at least six. Also make sure that you keep your leaf fish well fed so he doesn't even think of eating the smaller fish.

Ok what is the max of them? Could I have 2 schools of 2 different types? Could I put in like 40 ghost shrimp to start and add more as they are eaten?Is it fine to buy the Bushfish,angels,and Botia from petsmart?

Ok what is the max of them? Could I have 2 schools of 2 different types? Could I put in like 40 ghost shrimp to start and add more as they are eaten?Is it fine to buy the Bushfish,angels,and Botia from petsmart?

I would go with one school of 8. A larger school is nicer than two small schools. The ghost shrimp will dissapear very fast. It should be okay however I recommend that you quarantine them for 3-4 weeks before adding them. You could use your ten gallon for that.

How are you cycling tour tank.

I would go with one school of 8. A larger school is nicer than two small schools. The ghost shrimp will dissapear very fast. It should be okay however I recommend that you quarantine them for 3-4 weeks before adding them. You could use your ten gallon for that.

How are you cycling tour tank.

Ummm cycling it... I don't really know the terms to use...

Oh ok thank you.. And I don't think I can I get my stubbornness from my dad and he won't let me do it a different way then he already knows

What's the way he already knows. If its fish in cycling it usually requires large water changes day after day for 4-8 weeks. That's a lot of work. The fishless way allows you to stock quicker its less cruel and is close to effortless IMO.

Hey! This is so cool, because you have a tank identical to mine. A couple bits of advice I can give you. First, be patient. Take your time with everything and don't rush. Second, always remember, what works for one person won't necessarily work for you. Don't be afraid to try something just because it didn't work for someone else. Welcome to Tue awesome world of aquatic Addiction, and have fun! I'll post a pic of my modest tank.

It isn't letting me! Ill try later.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130227_205705.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130227_205705.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 69
What's the way he already knows. If its fish in cycling it usually requires large water changes day after day for 4-8 weeks. That's a lot of work. The fishless way allows you to stock quicker its less cruel and is close to effortless IMO.

Like put the (declorhernated) water in,wait 3 days put a fish in,wait a week put another fish in,wait 2 weeks put another fish in,wait a week and if there all alive he says its cycled...(I know this is bad but he won't let me pay for a test kit and I just started getting him to let me get my water tested at pet stores so now I go by that)

Got the tank, top and stand in lieu of payment for a job. About $40 worth. Not bad, huh?

I actually cycle my first tank just like that with danios. Worked out fine. Ammonia never even spiked.

Back
Top Bottom