Zebra danios acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dpshort

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just added 2 new plastic plants to my established aquarium and now my zebra danios are acting weird, chasing each other all over the tank. These new plants go all the way from the substrate to the surface of the 55 gallon long. All my parameters are normal and temp is 77 deg F. Any ideas?

Maybe take a read through the "unhealthy fish" sticky and give as much detail as you can. Details please, not just saying normal.

https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

Honestly, zebra danios chasing each other all over the tank is normal. Them not chasing each other would be "acting weird". Maybe the new decorations are making them feel more comfortable and they are now starting to act more naturally. Maybe they are starting to breed.

I would think everyone would know when you say water parameters normal you would take that as ammonia:0ppm nitrite:0ppm and nitrate: below 40ppm. Didnt think I need to spell it out for everyone. Oh and Ph of 7…..

I would think everyone would know when you say water parameters normal you would take that as ammonia:0ppm nitrite:0ppm and nitrate: below 40ppm. Didnt think I need to spell it out for everyone. Oh and Ph of 7…..
You would be surprised how many people say their water parameters are normal and in fact they arent. Often people say their parameters are good when in fact they have no idea what their parameters even are.

We have no idea who you are, what experience you have, or what you might consider normal parameters.

You have come here asking for help and giving detailed answers is part of helping us do that. Until you can provide that detail we have no idea what may or may not be relevant.

Back
Top Bottom