Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Zebra Danios, too fast to be caught?

In one article I read about Cichlid aggression, it recommends adding to the tank some Zebra Danios or Australian Rainbowfish to distract aggressive fish. Is this a good idea? Apparently they are too fast to be caught.

MSDdivers
Komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Fish that are used to put other fish at ease are called dither fish. Adding a school of such fish can have a big impact on a cichlids behavior. It's sometimes recommended for fighting cichlid pairs, as a way of uniting them.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have zebra danios and rainbow fish. When they get going, the danios are quite fast. The rainbows are the biggest fish in my tank and when needed, they will put the queen and giant danios (tank bullies) in their place.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Danios blow... theyre constantly moving with no apparent motivator aside from their ADHD fueled insanity... if you have a big tank? Think I remember it's a 100 gal?? And a couple bucks to spend....drumroll....Congo tetras!!! Ultimate dither fish, beautiful in good numbers, 10+

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
danio, danios, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com