Zebra Oto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if they ship but I saw some at that fish place today, so there are some out there

The Wet Spot usually has them. wetspottropicalfish.com I've often considered ordering them but they are so sensitive and pricey I always chicken out. Let me know how it goes with them if you get 'em.

siva said:
The Wet Spot usually has them. wetspottropicalfish.com I've often considered ordering them but they are so sensitive and pricey I always chicken out. Let me know how it goes with them if you get 'em.

That's exactly how I feel... Not sure about ordering them just to have a few DOA... Thinking about maybe getting a few shrimp and a snail instead to finish off my stock and clean a little... Decisions decisions... :(

The wet spot will replace DOA fish, but you'll have to pay shipping again. If you order them try to find the source closest to you. Wet spot is out of Portland, OR. It seems what I always hear though is that you start with a group and after a matter of months only have one or two. Apparently they are even more sensitive than the standard otos. So pretty though. Your chances will be best with them if your tank has been running for over six months, is large enough to support a small group of them with no more than 1 oto per 5 gallons, you keep the water prestine, and offer a variety of veggie based supplements. :)

The tanks been up since the end of feb... Only a ten gallon and was thinking of only getting 3... More than 3 and I'll be way overstocked, 3 is actually pushing it... I currently have 6 glowlights, 1 betta, and 1 DG... Parameters have been staying stable since it finished cycling.

Yeah more than 1 per 5 gals is overstocking them, and they really shouldn't be in smaller groups, so a 10 gal isn't great. Sounds like you're stocked. I'd go for snails. You might be able to pull off shrimp but it may prove a challenge with the betta and DG.

Zebra Otos are larger and stockier than normal Otos. I don't think I'd try them in anything less than a 20 Long or 30g. Lovely fish. I want to get some and try breeding them someday.

Thanks, looks like I'll have to wait till an upgrade. Coursair can you contribute thoughts on my other thread about the wisteria rotting? I'd appreciate some of your knowledge! :)

Billbug68 said:
Thanks, looks like I'll have to wait till an upgrade. Coursair can you contribute thoughts on my other thread about the wisteria rotting? I'd appreciate some of your knowledge! :)

I'll look. I'm still learning. I manage to pass on some knowledge from my Plant Club when I can :)

Back
Top Bottom