Zebra plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can any one tell me about zebra plecostomus?

Attachments

• image-3306140237.jpg
    image-3306140237.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 105
Yea I just called my LFS and they sell them for 399.99 so I don't want one now. Haha maybe Ill take a trip up their as a biologist when I graduate and buy one because I'm sure about 80% of that is shipping and the other part is rarity

Even i know zebras arent really worth it. There are so many different plecs you can buy for less that look just as good.

Even breeding zebras isnt profitable, since the upkeep plus really slow growth (2 years atleast before shipped and sexually mature at 3 years) is crazy!

Even i know zebras arent really worth it. There are so many different plecs you can buy for less that look just as good.

Even breeding zebras isnt profitable, since the upkeep plus really slow growth (2 years atleast before shipped and sexually mature at 3 years) is crazy!

Oh dang that's insane. Any recommendation for a Pleco that's similar and under 60$ ?

Ill get back to you on that. There arent many that look similar at all, it is truly unique pattern-wise. But i prefer the look of a goldnugget or sunshine pleco to that of a zebra. Those are both at the 60$ mark, while ive seen gold nuggets at 40$.

I do wnjoy the flash Pleco. But I really appeal to whiter plecos. I own 3 albinos and they're my baby's haha any white ones that are cheap and similar and small? Like under 4-6 inches

I do wnjoy the flash Pleco. But I really appeal to whiter plecos. I own 3 albinos and they're my baby's haha any white ones that are cheap and similar and small? Like under 4-6 inches

Well there are butterfly plecos usually at 20$ that have black and white vertical bands. There arent any really white plecos besides albinos. There are also blue eyed bristlenoses dubbed l144 but they are a yellowish color. Still nice though!

If you like the white ones stick to albinos haha. Theres a reason there arent many white plecos. They stick out to predators like a sore thumb.

Well there are butterfly plecos usually at 20$ that have black and white vertical bands. There arent any really white plecos besides albinos. There are also blue eyed bristlenoses dubbed l144 but they are a yellowish color. Still nice though!

If you like the white ones stick to albinos haha. Theres a reason there arent many white plecos. They stick out to predators like a sore thumb.

I need a hybrid predator Pleco xD

I have three cool plecos. One tiger (black and orange), one blue panaque, and a gold nugget pleco.

All of them are awesome.

We paid $40, $50 & $0.30 respectively. There was a mess up at the till and we got the gold nugget for $0.30 instead of $30, half price sale.

We saw a green phantom pleco and those are pretty cool!

Attachments

• image-3314195595.jpg
    image-3314195595.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1672477558.jpg
    image-1672477558.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3303091847.jpg
    image-3303091847.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 77
I have three cool plecos. One tiger (black and orange), one blue panaque, and a gold nugget pleco.

All of them are awesome.

We paid $40, $50 & $0.30 respectively. There was a mess up at the till and we got the gold nugget for $0.30 instead of $30, half price sale.

We saw a green phantom pleco and those are pretty cool!

Lol, i remember seeing these guys in another thread. Still shocked at the checkout mistake. What size tank are these badboys in?

Back
Top Bottom