Zucchini question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put in a raw slice of zucchini but I dont see anyone eating should i cook it first? I do drop peas in and my crab just loves it. I dont see my leo eat at all what could I feed him?

No, don't need to cook the zucchini. But you need to blanch the peas, then peel the skin off and either cut in smaller pieces or squeeze it into a flat cake like an algae wafer. Might take a day or 2 for them to figure out it's good to eat. Took my fish 2 days. I just left it in for 2 days, then replaced it as it was getting mushy. And they started eating it.

My fish all love the zuc, it just takes them a while to realize they are food items. Mollies, angelfish, loaches, balashark, guppies, all my cichlids, they all eat it.

all my fish eat zucchini too...i think my fish will eat just about anything you drop into the tank...except medicated food...they one thing you sometimes want them to eat... :lol:

All my fish love zucchini too. I have to cram it onto a piece of driftwood to keep the Oscar and Jack from eating it before my pleco gets some. I feed my pleco in my other tank as well.

I do give it a short steaming to help it stay on the bottom, and make sure you slice the skin. It may be humorous to watch your fish get stuck in a ring of squash rind, but it always ends in tears.

Back
Top Bottom