260 Watt PC's w/moonlights for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm upgrading my lighting system and need to sell these lights before I buy my MH's. The fixture is 8-9 months old and the bulbs are about 2-3 months old. Everything works awesome and is in great condition! It's a Coralife 260 watt system with moonlights. I'm asking $170 plus shipping. Thanks!

LOL! Newfound77951, I was just about to refer you to this post, but see you are already here, and the lights are too long....

I just missed the deal of the century on a 75 gallon with stand, canister filter etc that sold for $152 on ebay.....would have needed to upgrade the lights to the equivalent wpg as my current 55 gallon planted, these would have been perfect!

Will they work on a 55 gallon (48 inches long)? I am assuming that they will, but want to make sure. Also, are light mounting stands for top of tank included? Do you have any pics of them. Have been thinking about upgrading my light for my 55 gallon for a while but haven't gotten around to it. Money is short at the moment too. : ( Can always dream though...

Money's short here too, but if it doesn't include the mounting legs, you should be able to buy them new for under $10.

Yes, it does come with the mounts. One of the stand legs has a cut in it from the previous owner but it doesnt affect the stands usage any. (If that makes sense.) I'll try and post a couple of pics tomorrow.

Will they work on a 55 gallon (48 inches long)? I am assuming that they will, but want to make sure.

They are perfect for a 55 gal. You can't do most SPS's but you can definately do LPS's and softies!

What bulbs? 50/50? 6700k? etc.

10,000K and Actinics. 2 of each.

Shoot, I was hoping for something setup for a FW tank and guys are telling me that 260 watt may be too much for my tank without injection CO2, which I don't feel like I want to do at the moment.

Im not in the position to buy them now, but possibly in a month or 2. I'll hit you up to see if you still have them now.

Bs6749, You can always pull a bulb out, no? that would manage it until you got your CO2 Setup. As well, Atinic (IMO) aren't as efficient for plant growth, so i'm guessing that algae wont like it AS well. (but i'm not sure about either assumptions)

How many switches on the fixture? Is there 2 switches for the bulbs and 1 for the moonlights? If so, then you only need to run 1 bank of lights, and use the 2nd bank as a spare if you have bulbs go out.

So then you wouldn't need to remove any bulbs. All you need to do is just run 130W, and not 260W. Then use the 2nd bank as spares. Then, when CO2 is added, you can then up the lighting to the 260W.

Very true! I cant put up pictures for some reason. There isnt an edit button to do so. :( If you want I can sent them through yahoo though. Just PM me and I'll send you all the pics you want or need!

Back
Top Bottom