Angelicus Botia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eshepler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Heya!

I'm searching around for a good source for Angelicus Botias. I've been after this loach for some time now, but only recently found one by accident at Petsmart. I don't like how they treat their fish there, however, and would much rather find some mates for my Botia somewhere else.

Does anyone know a good source, or even better yet, a breeder?

Here's a pic of the beautfiul guy I found :

img_905815_0_4845abe7849233f32700e3b8e70daa34.jpg

Ideally, I'd love to find a supplier somewhere near the quad cities up in Iowa; I live about an hour and a half away. I'll consider online sources, but only if the price is right.

Anyone had any luck finding this awesome loach?

Try www.aquabid.com if you haven't looked there already. If you can find them for around $10 each (2-3" long) including shipping I think you are in good shape. I could send you some from my LFS but they are like $12 each and shipping would be an additional $10 on top of that. How many were you looking for?

I was aiming for at least two more. Haven't decided whether I want a trio or if I should go for a well rounded number of four :p

And yeah I've actually been browsing Aquabid quite a bit over the last several weeks. Can't find any for sale on there right now.

I have a group of 6 and would definitely recommend more than 3. There are 2 that are out and about all the time, while the rest tend to stay well undecover among the driftwood with the L204's, even at feeding time. Overall they like to interact with their own kind but no problems for the pleco's or flame tetras sharing the tank. Good luck finding some, I've been looking/wanting a few more myself.

And of course my very small local LFS has none on the fish list. That would have been ideal...get my LFS to order some.

Well bs6749, I might be contacting you soon : P

Back
Top Bottom