Wanted: Assassin Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hjsvt

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looking for 2-3 assassin snails to control pond snails in a 10 gal. Have any you can part with? Please PM me if you have some you can spare and pricing. Thanks!

1 assassin snail will be good for a 10 gallon. You won't want them to breed, then have an assassin snail problem! I got one in my tank, and he's killed all of my ramshorn snails. It may take a little bit for the snail to get them all, but he eventually will.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1 assassin snail will be good for a 10 gallon. You won't want them to breed, then have an assassin snail problem! I got one in my tank, and he's killed all of my ramshorn snails. It may take a little bit for the snail to get them all, but he eventually will.

Okay that's good to know. Anyone have ONE they can spare? Maybe I'll try the local club. Thanks for the help.

Of all the snails assassins are probably the best to have alot of. I bought one from an lfs a few months ago, and now have some babies. If you want a baby one(1/16" long) I can send you one. Any ideas on how to ship a snail?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Of all the snails assassins are probably the best to have alot of. I bought one from an lfs a few months ago, and now have some babies. If you want a baby one(1/16" long) I can send you one. Any ideas on how to ship a snail?/QUOTE]

Thanks fish wrangler! I just sent you a pm.

I used to just ship them double bagged, folded up paper towel in the bag, little water and a little air.. that way they don't get sloshed around. Priority of course

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used to just ship them double bagged, folded up paper towel in the bag, little water and a little air.. that way they don't get sloshed around. Priority of course

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! Wasn't sure I'd they needed a breather bag like fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom