Wanted: Can someone sell me a NON pregnant guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish king

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am trying to get a female guppy so I may chose the male it mates with so if any one can send one or knows someone who can it would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I am trying to get a female guppy so I may chose the male it mates with so if any one can send one or knows someone who can it would be greatly appreciated

You could get any female and place it in a separate tank or quarantine it and see if it is squared off after two weeks before adding it to your tank.

They are all pregnant. Males will get in with them at the store, when they are being raised, whenever. You could go through a professional breeder who may provide unbred females- at a price.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just get a female and keep her for several months till she has no more sperm in her body and pick your male

Fishobsessed7

They are still all carrying fry they are

Most of the time the males are raised with the females

And the males jump in the female tank

Where are you located? The other option is to catch someone who has babies/fry and try and get a baby female before it gets knocked up.

I ask where you are because I have babies - I have never sent stuff so I am not so comfortable sending

I can't speak for all Petco stores, but the one near my house keeps the males and females separately.

That doesn't say a thing...
Even if the lfs keeps them seperately. When they came from a wholesale dealer. You can bet on it that these females have been with males before. Semen can be stored for a long time. Even after a year! Some think it can only be stored for months max. But they can store it literally for over a year. But I do have to say that the quality will be generally less of that long stored semen.

The best thing to do is to go to a private breeder and ask for juvenile or even younger females. But if males and females are kept together also at a young age; those females could already be fertilized. Even when the females are at 4-6 weeks of age, they're already fertile.

I do have virgin females overhere but unfortunately for you I live too far away from you. Otherwise I would've had sufficient virgin females guppies for you.

Yea I live in Cali but I chose to get my own fry but if there is anyone is ok with shipping than send me a PM

LOL ^

55 - Jack Dempsey/Rainbow Shark/Cobalt blue cray
46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank

I live in CA and currently have one non-pregnant female I had since she was a fry

Back
Top Bottom