Wanted: Cheap 48 inch light that grows low light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathenrauch

Aquarium Advice Freak
48 inch for 55 gallon grows low light plants in sand with osmocote that's it shipped to 57025 let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Odyssea dual t-5ho 48" light fixture, $60-70. Ive been using it on my tank and I have been successful with certain highlight plants with it. While it is not the highest quality it will achieve your goals. The lights that come with it are garbage so I would recommend either purchasing geissman bulbs or coralife bulbs as replacements, they put of a lot better color light. Good Luck!(y)

For low light plants, a T8 shop fixture for less than $20, and two 5000K or 6500K tubes, or one of each , for less than $10.

Inexpensive Tank Lights

Hello Nat...

If you've got 20 bucks in your pocket, then go to the local hardware store and pick up a 48 inch shop light fixture and a couple of 6500K GE aquarium plant bulbs. This is all you need to grow the dark green aquatic plants. I use this two lamp fixture on my 55 and 60 gallon tanks. I have Singapore moss, Hornwort, Brazilian water weed, Pennywort, Java fern, Anacharis nana and nangi. These plants don't need fertilizers other than those the fish produce.

Pretty easy.

B

What type of gueissman bulbs

What type of gueissman bulbs

I always do a 6700k and a 10,000 k for some better color rendition as all 6700 k comes across as pink. I forgot to mention that you should look into the finnex planted+ led light fixture. will give you medium- lowlight. I would recommend the finnex over the t-5 as led is where this all is heading.

Yeah I have that fixture over my ten gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom